1.10.2009

{Happy 67th Birthday Mom!!!}

Wow! Has another year really gone by? Seems like I was just wishing you a Happy Birthday! Hee, hee! My Mom is a wonderful woman! She always had/has my best interests at heart. She taught me how to be firm, but loving...nag almost without anyone knowing it (sometimes it wasn't so subtle!)...be caring and compassionate...how to love others more than you love yourself...how to do laundry...how to iron (and if I owned ANY 100% cotton clothes *I* was the one doing all the ironing of them!)...how to run a household so that your husband could concentrate on his job...how to love children (though during those "childcare years" I was pretty sure I'd NEVER love children!)...how to save $ (not that I always listened)...how to clip coupons and file rebates...and just all-around how to be a good human being who loves the Lord and tries every day to follow in His footsteps! (My Mom is my spiritual Mr. Miyagi....if you haven't see the Karate Kid, you won't get it!) I still call her up for her advice, because it's always given with a lot of thought, not just willy-nilly. I love my Mom! I love my Mom for how good of a mother-in-law she is to my husband. I don't think my husband would even consider her a mother "in-law", more just a straight up MOM! I love my Mom for what a wonderful Grandma she is to Meghann. She spends a lot of time doing anything that Meghann is into @ the time! Whether it's American Girl dolls, Webkinz, online games, Mexican Train, painting, crafting...Grandma can and DOES do it all! The BEST Grandma Meghann could ever hope for! We hope you have a wonderful birthday, Mom/Grandma!
Love,
Mike, Michelle & Meghann
The Following Video is for ALL Moms:

No comments:

Post a Comment