5.13.2009

{Some More Photos of the House!}

I figured that before I headed off again to the house to do more work that I should post some more pictures! We've been slowly bringing stuff over there (not much yet!) and hopefully I'll finish painting the inside of the kitchen cabinets today. They have 1 good coat on them, but need another. They are REALLY old, bare wood....and I just can't put our stuff inside of them until they are "fresh and clean"! It'll be MUCH better!Okay, I couldn't get some of the photos to post because they wouldn't rotate! It's probably time to reboot the laptop! :-) The one above is to show the accent wall in the craft room. All the walls are light blue (Eminence) except for the one "Close to Cocoa" wall. Meghann picked out a lovely brown, don'tcha think? Michelle loves it! The one below shows some of the work that Josh has been doing @ the house for us. Since we're not plumbers (and he IS!) it works out well! He has all the tools and the know-how, and it's fun to have someone else there while I'm painting, etc @ the house! The water valves for the laundry in the garage were almost @ the floor...so he put in new copper pipes and ran them up higher and put in quarter-turn ball valves so it'll be super easy to cut the water on and off. He ran the gas line over to the left side so that the dryer could be closer to the vent. After he'd done all that...Mike decided he wanted to put the deep sink in now...hee, hee! So Josh took care of all that too! It's a GREAT deep sink! 14.5 inches deep, with a side drain tray and a sprayer! We LOVE this thing!Here is another couple of pics. Above is a picture of the new granite vanity top and faucet that Josh installed for us. The vanity was fine, but the top they had on it was white...and just looked BLAH! Now it really looks like a nice set up...and we got the faucet for $24! Originally $130! GOTTA love the clearance section @ Home Depot! Below is a quick shot while I was painting in the pantry with Meghann. That yellow color (we called it "School Bus Yellow on CRACK"!) was in the whole walk-in pantry! I don't know how anyone stored FOOD in there with it...I would think the color would have started leeching into their food! It's SUCH a "violent" color....waaaaay too crazy! So now it's a nice, neutral brown. The paint is still wet when this picture was taken, so there are varying shades, but now that it's dry it looks SOOOO nice and SOOOO much better than School Bus Crack! :-)Okay...I'd better get showered and ready for another fun day of painting inside kitchen cabinets! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment